Sildenafil is sold under the generic name of Viagra. It is a medication used for treating male Erectile dysfunction and have pleasurable intercourse with their partners. The drug is also used for improving the ability of men to exercise with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Sildenafil dosage is a class of medication which is known as phosphodiesterase inhibitors (PDE). The drugs help in treating the erectile dysfunction by increasing the blood circulation in the male reproductive organ. the increase in blood flow is responsible for getting an erection. The drugs treat PAH be relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs which help in the movement of the blood easily in the body.
If you are one of them who is taking the sildenafil tablet to treat the problem of erectile dysfunction, you should know one most important thing that the drug does not help in curing the problem of erectile dysfunction or impotence permanently or boost performance to achieve and maintain a strong erection. The Sildenafil also do not prevent pregnancy or the spread of STDs like human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
Some facts about sildenafil
- Sildenafil is an oral tablet which is available over the counter with a brand name drugs used as a generic drug.
- The medicine comes in three forms that are an oral tablet, an injection that is only given by the doctors, and an oral suspension which is a liquid form.
- The Sildenafil oral tablet is used for treating the problem of erectile dysfunction or ED in men.
The sildenafil is used for treating the problem like impotence and erectile dysfunction. The Sildenafil works by improving the blood circulation in the male reproductive area by achieving and maintaining an erection. It is advisable to consult your doctor for more details. Keeping reading to know more about sildenafil uses.
How to use Sildenafil to Treat Erectile Dysfunction
Always read the patient information leaflet provided along the drug before you start taking it. If you have any questions, ask your doctor for recommendations. Your doctor will direct you to take the drug by mouth, at least 30 minutes but no more than 4 hours before having intercourse. Do not consume more than one dose in 24 hours. A high-calorie meal may delay how fast the drug begins to work. The dose is based on your medical condition, response bro treatment, and other medical conditions. Be sure that you discuss that with your doctor. These are the few steps to take sildenafil:
- The sildenafil tablet only works when you are ready for lovemaking. To get an erection, you need to get a stimulation after 30 mins to 1 hours. This is a key uniqueness of this drug.
- The drug usually starts working within 30 to 60 minutes which can last up to 4 hours before intercourse. That is why there should be no rush.
- The sildenafil dosage can be taken with or without food
Sildenafil Side Effects
Some of the most common side effects of Sildenafil are a headache, nose bleeding, indigestion, commuting, bronchitis, nausea, trouble sleeping, fever, sore throat, and runny nose. If these mild Sildenafil side effects do not go away in a few days or couple of weeks, talk to your doctor. However, most of the men say that they don’t experience any form of sildenafil side effects. The sildenafil drug is safe to use by men only (not women or children).
Some of the serious Sildenafil side effects and symptoms may include: Blurred vision, fainting, light-headed, sleepiness, dizziness, nausea, weakness, low blood pressure, and confusion.
Before taking the sildenafil tablet, ask your Doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug. The drug may contain inactive ingredients which can cause minor or major allergic reactions or other related problems. Here are few precautions of warning you might consider before taking sildenafil:
- Children with the PAH can be at high risk of death who take this drug this is why children should stay away from sildenafil. You should always consider these sildenafil side effects.
- This drug can cause in sudden hearing loss with or without any signs of dizziness or tinnitus. If you experience any sudden hearing loss you may stop taking sildenafil and consult your doctor immediately.
- If you experience sudden vision loss in one of both the eyes can cause a serious eye damage.
At times sildenafil can lead to the problem of priapism that is a problem of erection that won’t go away. If you have an erection which last more than 4 hour, you might consult your doctor immediately. If not treated right away, it can cause permanent damage in penis. Therefore, sildenafil uses carefully.